Re: [IRCA] 1430 UNID (Radio La Completa 14-30???)

Re: [IRCA] 1430 UNID (Radio La Completa 14-30???)

Hello again Andy
I just got an ID from the web site you quote. It is 1430 WNSW Newark. Thank you again for the www.radiocanticonuevo.com. clue.
Barry

Andrea Lawendel <lawendel@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 1/26/06, BARRY DAVIES <barry.davies25@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
1430 UNID SS station playing discos romanticos and IDing as Radio La Completa? Noted around 0750 26/1. Any help appreciated. T

Hi Barry,

Right at the beginning of the clip there's a Radio Cantico Nuevo, 14-30, www.radiocanticonuevo.com. On that Web site, a phone number for New York metro area (718 area code) is provided, and 1430 AM is indeed mentioned. Clicking on the audio stream link, the browser displays a message indicating Radio Cantico Nuevo originates from UnoRed, which is also based in Puerto Rico. I'd place my bet on the latter. Usually heard with NotiUno newscasts, perhaps later in the night it changes over to inspirational/nostalgia

After that,  it really sounds like Radio La Completa 14-30 on your clip (I initially thought it could also be compieta/compline, but it'd make less sense). I still suspect Puerto Rico.

Cheers,
Andy