Re: [IRCA] 1100 Wobbler

> The 1100 Wobbler is on a moderately powered station, from all
> indications.  During the day I have been able to hear the 1100 Wobbler,
but
> only just barely.  Without the Wobbler I would be unable to hear anything
> at all from that station.  West coast Florida DXers can hear the station
> during the day better than me because it is located near Havana on the
> western coast of Cuba.  But even they did not notice it had returned to
the
> air until I reported hearing a Wobbler on the frequency -- a certain clue
> of a Cuba station.

My Florida notes from 9 January indicate a Cuban heard on 1100 looping 200°
and //1080.  This was a mid-day bandscan from Naples beach about 500' south
of the Naples Pier.  There was also a 1120 that looped 210° parallel to the
others.  I didn't notice any wobble at that time.

Radio for that trip was a Sony ICF-SW100S barefoot.

Craig Healy
Providence, RI