Re: [IRCA] "Dream" Receiver

Russ asked what the benefit of the "Dream" software would be
over simply using the "Comb Filter" in Total Recorder.

Can't fully answer that question, since I haven't done the comparison
yet myself...but in a nutshell..."Dream" would be performing a
IF DSP function which should deliver much better performance
than TR's filters.

The best possible solution is high end DSP IF's either in
Software Defined Radio's like the G313 or hardware
solutions such as those in amateur transceivers like
the Icom 756 Pro III, etc.

Anyone who hasn't tried DXing the AM band with a
current generation DSP amateur rig is really missing out.
My Drake R8B is no match for my amateur rig
on the AM band.

Les Rayburn, director
High Noon Film
100 Centerview Drive Suite 111