Re: [IRCA] Radio Recovery

Like yourself, I was in the affected area from August 28th until well into
October. Most of the time, the car radio was glued on WWL (actually
most of the time the radios were on amateur ARES stations and/or
police channels, but I digress)

I remember telling evacuees in the Birmingham area who were staying
nearby that they could listen to WWL at night to get local info. They
were amazed that it was even possible to hear a New Orleans
station that far away. I had to explain more than once why they
could only get them at night! :)

Unfortunately, DXing was far from my mind...so I never scanned
the dial to even see if FEMA had another station on.

Les Rayburn, director
High Noon Film
100 Centerview Drive Suite 111
Birmingham, AL 35216