[IRCA] Tree down

Hi everyone,

Well my tree down saga turned out ok. This morning I took a hand saw out
and cut away the treee from around the satellite dish. I found the
tripod that holds the feedhorn to be broken loose. The three legs of it,
when the tree came down it broke off two bolts leaving the feedhorn at
the bottom of the dish. I was able to straighten the arms made out of
angle iron fairly well. Not perfect, but not bad. Thank goodness it has
a heavy cover on it so the LNBs (C & KU) were fine. A trip to the
hardware store to get two new bolts and nuts and bending the supports
back (It wasn't easy, as the feedhorn to heavy), I got the new bolts in
it and there it sits. Not bad. I moved it over to a couple birds and it
works better than ever. The gutter is the only other thing and since my
insurance deductable is $500, I am going to try to fix the gutter myself
with the help from a neighbor. It will save me $100 or so. Then a
neighbor came over and cut up the tree and we loaded it onto his trailer
(3 loads!) and it is gone. That tree was really soaked with water. We
esminated the tree to weight 3000-4000 pounds (at least), by the weight
of the cut pieces. But what a job. I am glad that nightmare is over.
Living on the rural Oregon Coast in the Winter does have drawbacks. hi.
73,

Patrick

Patrick Martin

Come to Seaside Oregon for the 2006 IRCA Convention! It will be held at
the Comfort Inn on September 22-24,2006.