[IRCA] OT: My Day for The Unusual...

     I was outside feeding my dog about an hour ago and as I was walking
through my yard cleaning up some debris from the wind yesterday, I could
hear the sound of a helicopter or two off to the north near Athens, GA. I
never saw anything, but the noise was unmistakable. I did see a C-130
Hercules heading to the north, but that's no big deal as I see them all the
time. I kept walking around, but I saw nothing. However, the noise remained.
Just as I was getting ready to walk inside, I looked to the west and there
it was. At first it looked like a Sikorsky Skycrane or maybe a CH-46. Then
it turned to the east and it turned out to be a V-22 Osprey! It was
beautiful in the morning sky as it turned to the north. I ran inside to get
a camera as I never see these outside of airshows. As luck would have it,
when I got to the front yard with a camera, the tape was full. All I could
do was watch it fly off to the north. Oh well...maybe again some day.

Bert New
Watkinsville, Georgia
Proudly Serving You Since 1964!