Re: [IRCA] WBCA-1110 Cheating

> I'd like to ban the term "cheating" from the slang
> of DX'ers. It presumes guilt, as in, this station is
> broadcasting at their day time power in order
> to increase their listening audience and make
> more money.
>
> I prefer the term "malfunctioning" which is a better
> way to describe a broken or misprogrammed
> automation system, human error, or other
> unintentional happenings.

It can be "malfunctioning" until someone tells them about it.  Pretty hard
for a daytimer to claim a malfunction, when they ought not to be on at all.
That's more like a "wardrobe malfunction" than an equipment problem.
Something's exposed that shouldn't oughta be..

Once they are notified, or if the station is a bonafide daytimer with no
post sunset paperwork, then "cheating" fits pretty darn well.

How would you describe the "Friday Night Football Authorization"?  A
scheduled malfunction?

It's all semantics.  A rose by any other name...

Craig Healy
Providence, RI