Sent: Tuesday, January 10, 2006 1:51 PM
Subject: [IRCA] WTOP call sign changes.

According to dcrtv.com, the call-sign flips for the "new" station on 1500 in Washington has been granted by the FCC.  The WTOP-AM calls are moving to 820 in Frederick MD.  WTWP-AM now is assigned to 1500.  WTOP-FM is assigned to the "new" all-news outlet on 103.5 FM which will carry the WTOP all news format.  WTOP-FM is moved to 103.5 from 107.7 which becomes WTWP-FM.  So...

WTWP-AM on 1500- Washington Post Radio
WTOP-AM on 820- All news
WTOP-FM on 103.5- All news
WTWP-FM on 107.1- Washington Post Radio
WGMS-FM on 104.1- Classical music
WGYS-FM on 103.9- Classical music

Call sign changes may already have taken place but the format changes on 1500 won't kick in until March.

Confused?

John Cereghin
Smyrna DE