Re: [IRCA] 1314 audio

A follow-up.  Norway was so strong last night that I had no trouble hearing them on my Kaito KA1103 with no outside antenna hooked up- just the internal ferrite antenna.  Clear and strong through midnight EST on Jan 9/10- best I've ever heard them.  Yet I couldn't pick up any other TAs- what a waste of great conditions to get only Norway and nothing else!

John Cereghin
Smyrna DE

John Cereghin <pastor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
That's a bit weird.  I'm still getting a great signal on 1314 on my Grundig YB400 next to the loop, yet the FRG7 isn't hearing it with the 200-foot sloping longwire.  Weird stuff!  And I've never heard Norway so clear and loud, although it is suffering from some fades and the splash from 1310 comes and goes.

John Cereghin
Smyrna DE

Nick Hall-Patch <nhp@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
At 04:03 10/01/2006, you wrote:
>Interesting to once again see them logged in the Pac NW when I have no trace
>of them here in Illinois. Gotta love what that AU donut does.

As Walt S. says: TA here is trans-Arctic not trans-Atlantic.....though
1314 usually, as now comes in about 15 degrees more southerly than you'd
expect. Hearing something truly trans-Atlantic like Mauritania-783 at this
location would be a real shock, even though I believe it's fairly regular
on the EC.

And 1314 STILL has audio, mostly under the splash using the 14m sloper, but
sounded like the Bee Gees a few minutes ago.

Umm, just checked using the indoor tuned loop, 1 meter on a side, and
that's perhaps even a hair better than the sloper. Given that the poor
little loop hears little these days (in spite of giving great DX in the
distant past), this is quite something.

best wishes,

Nick