Re: [IRCA] [NRC-AM] Changes in USPS Postage

Re: [IRCA] [NRC-AM] Changes in USPS Postage

Hi Patrick-

As has been announced in earlier posts today, the second ounce went to 24
cents. So that is still in line with the new one ounce rate from
Canada/Mexico (63 cents). Before the rate increase, 2 oz. in the US was 60
cents (37 + 23), same as one oz. from Canada/Mexico, so one 60 cent stamp
served two purposes. Now a 63 cent stamp, when available, can be used for 2
reasons, just like before the increase. That USPS is always thinking of us
consumers.

International goes to 84 cents everywhere for 1 oz. but the second ounce is
split different ways depending on country- anywhere from $1.65 to $1.80 are
the new values for 2 oz.

Global Priority Mail (which I use at times rather than registering a letter)
goes from $5 to $5.25 for the small envelopes and the larger envelope goes
from $9 to $9.50. To Canada, it goes from $4 to $4.25 and $7 to $7.25
respectively. IRCs went up a dime to $1.85, no-value letter registrations
went from $7.50 to $7.90 and return receipts also went up a dime to $1.85.

www.usps.com already has all the new rates entered on their website.

As for Canada, I think Brian was referring to rates within Canada. It goes
from 50 cents to 51 cents on January 16, 2006. To the US, the rate goes up
from 85 cents to 89 cents, so a dollar should still cover it. The
international rate goes from $1.45 to $1.49.

www.canadapost.ca has the info there.

73-
John Sgrulletta
Mahopac, NY