Re: [IRCA] 2005 Logs

Doug,

Another great thing about where Bill lives, is that most stations null
Prescott Valley. In checking the NRC pattern book, very few stations
have lobes in his direction and many of the AZ stations that do run ND
drop to flea power at night.

DX is good out here on the coast, but the problem I face is that most
stations in the NW are not flea power at night and they are all
directional West or Southwest. So I have good TP/DU DX but also loud
Portland/Seattle stations. Bill does not have that.

Dave Williams of Astoria grew up in Central & Eastern Oregon in the
40s/50s and he told me that Portland or Seattle was about impossible to
hear there, as most Seattle/Portland stations null the East. There was
another DXer in Gold Bar WA, East of Seattle. He told me that Seattle
stations were not much of an issue at night, even 25-35 miles East of
Everett (Seattle). I would guess that the Bend area would be very good
for DX with the altitude and the distance away from Portland.

73,

Patrick

Patrick Martin
Home of the 2006 IRCA Convention