Re: [IRCA] "Article" on our MW hobby

Chris Black wrote:
Well, there may very well be some interesting information there, but I
couldn't read a word of it. It looks like it was designed by a four year
old. The color contrast and bad choices of color make it impossible to read.

-----

I don't know what the problem is with the way you have your browser set up,
but with IE 6 and no special settings that I am aware of, I got nice sharp
white text on a black background. Links and such were in nice clear yellow
text. No readability problems at all! However, if you ever encounter similar
problems, the following "trick" works beautifully. As long as you know
roughly where on the screen the text is supposed to be--even if you can't
read it (this even works with white text on a white background, which is
normally completely invisible), hold down the shift key and the right mouse
button and run the cursor over the area of the screen where you believe the
text to be. Start at the top left and work your way toward the bottom right.
You will probably now be able to see the text because the background color
and/or the text color will change. But don't even bother trying to read the
text--yet. Just keep moving the cursor until you think you've highlighted
all of the text on the Web page. Now, release the shift key and the right
mouse button and press CTRL+C. That last command copies the highlighted text
to the Windows clipboard. Now open a text editor, such as Windows Notepad,
and make sure the cursor appears in the (empty) workspace. Now press CTRL+V.
This command copies the text from the clipboard into the text editor, where
you can read it and save it--assuming you WANT to save it.

The only problem I've had with this procedure is with Web pages that have
multi-column layouts. Usually, with such pages, the test editor will display
text from the multiple columns mixed together. If you care enough and are
patient enough, you can figure out what to delete so that what remains makes
sense or you can cut and paste within the text editor to get the text back
into the order in which it makes sense. Hope this helps.

--
Dan Strassberg, dan.strassberg@xxxxxxx
eFax 707-215-6367