[IRCA] TA's

Hi Everyone:

Like last night, another excellent opening towards Europe on the longwaves. Everything I heard last night was there again, along with a few additions, including a couple of new ones. It was shortly after local sunset (23:28UTC) and still daylight when I heard the first signal from the UK. For the sake of brevity I haven't repeated what I heard last night, just the additions. Unlike last night, where there was no audio on medium wave, 1314-Norway was in with a fair signal. Nothing else noted.

183 Germany 23:41 01/04 with 2 women speaking French. This is the Europe 1 station at Saarlouis. Fair signal. Unfortunately I missed the closedown announcement at midnight.

198 United Kingdom First noted at 23:33 01/04 with two men discussing family gene traits. At 00:00 I heard the Westminster chimes from Big Ben and a BBC Radio 4 ID. Poor signal.

198 Russia assumed here at 02:49 01/05 Music and singing heard, and a male speaking what could have been the Russian language. A very fadey signal, over and under the BBC, with a third station under these two.

207 Iceland 00:21 01/05 with faint music under beacon noise. Could only be Iceland as it paralleled 189. Poor signal

216 Russia at 00:15 01/05 Radio Rossii here with a Perry Como record. Identical programming to 171. Fair at times.

Mike in St Isidore AB with AOR 7030, Quantum Phaser, EWE's of 120 & 100', longwires of 750 and 300' and a 30' vertical.