Re: [IRCA] Oh yeah? Poll on satellite radio acceptance.

Re: [IRCA] Oh yeah? Poll on satellite radio acceptance.

> I distribute Internet audio around my house via a Part 15 FM
> transmitter. I am a avid fan of XM.

As do I. I send my signal on 95.9.

> You know times have changed when  you can hear people
> casually talking about Sixties on 6, Artist Confidential or (wait just one
> more week)  Howard Stern. Radio Shack (and many other stores) sold a lot of
> Sirius receivers over the holiday season.

XM reached 6 million last year and Sirius reached 3 million but they have
reached exponential gains and I think they are going to really have a strong
effect on terrestrial radio.

> Satellite radio's biggest promoter is word of mouth.

I brought the radio to work and 8 people bought one after they heard it. I
know of several more that got it after they heard me talking about it.

> I did not even consider satellite until someone bought me an XM
> receiver last Christmas. Not only do I love it, I'm a huge advocate.

Karl, its all about the programming. I have music 24/7/365 without a single
commercial except on 60s on 6 when they have the nostalgia Friday with the
old ads interspersed with all the old airchecks.

> really is "everything, all the time." And it is DX. When was the last time
> you heard a solid noise-free signal from over 22,000 miles away on a
> handheld portable?

That's why ABDX allowed satellite radio on its list.

> The clutter, idiotic banal laughing and endless
> commercials are gone. Sorry, "regular" radio's greed brought about it's end.

I decided to get XM last Christmas. As soon as I didn't have to hear the
laughing at things that were not funny and 6 minute commercial blocks, I
knew that the 9.95 a month [now 12.95] was worth every penny.

If you want sports, there is NHL, MLB, NASCAR, IRL, ACC,, BIG 10, PAC 10,
FOX sports, ESPN, Sporting News Radio, and this year NBA basketball. Any
kind of music, even elevator music and opera which I like. All the news
channels you want and even stuff that you only can get on cable TV like E
and Take 5 C-Span, MSNBC, you name it.

You are right, it is "Everything, all the time."

Kevin