Re: [IRCA] 990

> Someone abruptly on with repeated announcement "We're experiencing
> technical difficulties, please stand by" and Allmans Brother music.
> Off at 1:04am EST.  Philadelphia?  They have been in and out for
> an hour or so.

*** I'd rather doubt they'd be playing Allman Brothers...

Even as fill music?  They were playing Michael Savage, which abruptly
disappeared.  After some period of silence the "technical difficulties.."
fill started.  Then, just as abruptly, Savage was back.  No real S-meter
change, nor any real difference in background chatter.  Maybe a satellite
distribution glitch and the music came from them?  It was an instrumental
cut, "In Memory of Elizabeth".

I'll admit I wasn't paying that close attention as I was busy soldering on a
project.  Could be some station popped on a carrier for a few minutes, but
who?  It wasn't as strong as WALE would be, and I would expect SS fill music
from them.  And, WALE is still off as of this moment. 10:15am EST.

Rene would know for sure.  Maybe when he checks his mail.  If not, no big
deal.

Craig Healy
Providence, RI