Re: [IRCA] DX tests

This is all too true.  For many years, the public and politicians have
been chanting the "less government is better" mantra.  During the same
time period, we've seen tremendous growth and changes in
telecommunications, the internet, digital broadcasting, and more, all of
which have greatly increased the FCCs workload.  Under the
circumstances, I find it hard to fault the FCC too much for lax
enforcement of some of rules.  They're getting squeezed between two
conflicting forces.  The lack of enforcement activity is a symptom of
the government's efforts to cut spending.  Ultimately, something has to
give in cases like that.  In that respect, we as citizens should be
grateful (I say that somewhat tongue in cheek....).

This isn't to say there haven't been some really dumb decisions made by
the Commission in recent years. That's a separate issue.

Bruce