Re: [IRCA] DX tests

--- Patrick Martin <mwdxer@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> The current FCC is a total waste of time anyway. Stations get away
> with
> all sorts of stuff that is illegal like operating for months at full
> daytime power 24/7,  skipping IDs, you name it. Going after a station
> for a test is crazy. Considering especially the FCC does not do their
> job anyway. They should be disolved and a new agency should be
> started.

*** A major part of my point ( although not to dispute the above ) was
that there was no 'real' complainant, no evidence of interference. This
was either a purely political complaint, a complaint by someone with an
axe to grind against the stations. The way this was handled initially
should have killed it right there. There's a basic right in the US to
be able to face your accuser. Didn't happen in this case.

And Pat G, I'm amazed you weren't aware of thjis - it's been flying
around the DX community for some time - I think this is at least the
third time I've seen it referenced.

Russ Edmunds
Blue Bell, PA  ( 360' ASL )
[15 mi NNW of Philadelphia]