Re: [IRCA] new verie

I locked myself out of my car one day in early March outside of Ely NV.  Temperature = 6.  Clothing - windbreaker, jeans, T-shirt.  It took me 4 hours to work a pair of taped-together clothes hangers through the window just right to get my keys out through a tiny opening at the back of the window.  I still remember the Nevada Highway Patrol guy saying "Boy, you're screwed.  These cars have anti-theft devices built in to the doors."  He then drove away.  I pat myself down before my car door closes now just to make sure I don't do that again.

Mike Hawkins

Scott Fybush <scott@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
At 01:40 AM 12/31/2005, you wrote:
>Just to be safe, you should mount said rock dead-center in the
>middle of your dashboard. Your home-based shelf will not be on your
>mind the next time you're in your car with a wild hair to track down a tower.

It was not an experience I'm likely to forget, believe me!