[IRCA] Christmas Eve gift on 1100

For the first time since 3/11/05 -- about when Radio Cadena Habana was last
reported here in S.FL -- a Wobbler was heard on 1100 at 2230 EST,
12/24/05.  The Wobbler was very weak but heard several times.  Back in
March, Wobblers on 1100 were quite frequent and often very strong, maybe a
precursor to the demise of 1100 RCH.

Not as certain was what I thought to be the Radio Reloj "RR".  There is no
R.Reloj previously reported on 1100 that I know of, so this may be a new
one off in the boonies of Cuba, or I may have mistaken something sounding
like the code ID.  WRTH '05 -- waiting on the '06 -- lists a 1kW in
Holguin, it has not been heard before, but still a possible Wobbler
candidate.  Could be the usual format was temporarily supplanted by RR.

WTAM Cleveland, OH, was on the channel with the Hawaii Bowl on Westwood
One, at times quite listenable.

Also heard fading (unfading?) often on top, was an SS of unknown origin;
nothing domestic or Cuban listed that I could find, assume it is an
XE.  Any ideas?

A pleasant evening without the usual local QRM suffered since hurricane
Wilma, or summertime background noise.

Merry Christmas,
Curt

W. Curt Deegan
Boca Raton, (southeast) FL
[JRC NRD-535D; LFE H-800, M-601; Quantum Phaser]
[Ten-Tec RX-320D; LFE M-601; GAP DSP]
http://ScooterHound.com/WWWR/wobbler