[IRCA] DX Tests

I'd also like to thank Les Rayburn and the station personnel for scheduling the upcoming DX tests. I'm very much looking forward to them. And to Craig Healy for offering to help Willis Monk find a way to record tests.

The fact of the matter is that Les and station personnel are doing the DX community a huge favor and we all ought to be grateful, irrespective of whether we can record the tests or even log them. Stations are not obliged to conform to our wishes. Complaints like this will only hurt relations between stations and DXers. I now use Total Recorder with my laptop to record DX tests. If that's not feasible, a Radio Shack recorder and patch cord will run around $20. And I have a spare if anyone (including Willis) wants to reimburse me for shipping.

Merry Christmas and thanks again to everyone involved in setting up the upcoming tests.

Dave
central NJ

begin:vcard
fn:David Hochfelder
n:Hochfelder;David
org:Rutgers University;Thomas A. Edison Papers
adr;dom:;;44 Road 3;Piscataway;NJ;08854-8049
email;internet:david.hochfelder@xxxxxxxxxxx
title:Assistant Editor and Assistant Research Professor
tel;work:732-445-8511
tel;fax:732-445-8512
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:http://edison.rutgers.edu