Sent: Friday, December 23, 2005 1:38 PM
Subject: Re: [IRCA] Upcoming DX Tests (New KAVT Fresno Test!)

Since it wasn't obvious, I checked to see what was unique about the KAVT test and quickly saw it was running day power at night.

That made sense as a good DX test, but something else I came across did not.  KAVT is listed on Radio-Locator as:
    * Antenna Mode     Non-Directional - 2 Patterns *

Right away I had to ask, how can a non-directional antenna have two patterns.  So I went to the FCC database and  found there was only a single tower, further adding to my confusion, but got a slightly different listing:
    * ND2 - Non-directional Antenna: Different constants day and night *

Since I have no idea what that means, it is easier to accept.  It would be nice, though, to actually understand it.

Would anyone care to take on the task of trying to explain this to me?

Thanks,
Curt
W. Curt Deegan
Boca Raton, (southeast) FL

Les Rayburn wrote:
[snip]

KAVT 1680khz Fresno, CA DX Test
Date(s): January 21, 2006 (Late Friday night-Early Sat. Morning)
Time: Midnight PST-0500 PST (0800-1300 UTC)

Modes of Operation:
10KW ND

Programming: Normal Radio Disney Format ONLY. No
codes, tones, etc. are permitted due to the stations
contract with Disney.

[snip]

73,
Les Rayburn, N1LF