[IRCA] Sunset dx 12/12/05

1600  OR  KOPT  Eugene 12/12  1610-1625+ PST under nearby KUBA Yuba City
with 'Air America'.  At first far under but gradually worked their way
up to where they were dominant at times.  At 1620 they went into a
lengthy ad break during which their calls were given several times
including 'you're listening to more progressive talk on KOPT' which was
repeated.  This while they were topping KUBA.

Odd that as KEED they had been heard often last year but once they
switched calls & format to KOPT I had never heard them.  This was one of
the few times I've tried for them at sunset while they were still on
daytime power.

1550  KKAD  WA  Vancouver 12/12 1627-1630 booming in here while finding
a good null on local KYCY.  NOS music and announcement 'this is the
music of your life'.  Power cut circa 1629:30 & signal almost totally
lost.

This left a station with spanish language talk & ranchero music.  Hard
to tell if it was my needed Apple Valley or previously logged Tijuana or
Reno.  Pretty much dropped out of sight after 1642 or 43.

don kaskey  san francisco ca