[IRCA] Furlough DXpedition Jan 14-18, 2019

While on furlough I visited Waters Edge, near Fleeton, VA for a few days about a week ago.  Waters Edge is right on the Chesapeake Bay and usually has good reception up and down the east coast of the U.S.

Depending on how one points the DKAZ antenna that I normally use, stations from New Brunswick to Brazil can be heard â as well as some TAs.

Highlights this trip were Barbados on 900kHz, Panama on 860kHz, Voice of Nevis & St. Kitts also on 860kHz and a new Dominican station for me, Radio Dial, on 670kHz.

Iâm still reviewing Perseus wav files but you can see/hear what I've heard so far on this webpage:

http://realmonitor.com/am_logs_we8.php

Oh yea, the antenna used was a 160â DKAZ aimed at 130 deg.

Bill Whitacre
Alexandria, VA