[IRCA] Fw: KGA 1510 & KWLO 1580

--- Begin Message ---

   ----- Forwarded Message ----- From: Stan Weisbeck <stanw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>To: irca-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <irca-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>Cc: Stan Weisbeck <stanw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>Sent: Friday, January 18, 2019, 12:18:57 PM PSTSubject: KGA 1510 & KWLO 1580
 I hadn't noticed that my local KGA had changed formats until I saw Bill Harms & Bruce Portzer's posts about it. I just tuned in & since I'm not a hip hop fan I don't think I'll be listening to them much. They probably aren't expecting to attract too many 67 year old classic rock fans like me anyway.
 Spokane already has a hip hop FM, KEZE 96.9, which has been around a few years. I don't imagine KGA will do well with this format but who knows. Being on 103.5 FM they might attract some of the younger folks. The slogan KGA is using is "103-5, The Game."

On the same note, I recently asked a 26 year old co-worker if he ever listens to radio. He replied that he doesn't. He listens to music on the internet.
On another note, I'm occasionally hearing a weak station on 1580 that's playing oldies & I think it's the new KWLO Springville, UT (about 40 miles south of Salt Lake City). I thought I heard the slogan "Utah's Ghost," between a couple songs. Yesterday, I thought I heard "...W-L-O Springville" at 57 before the hour but it was so weak it could have been wishful thinking on my part. I'll keep trying.
Stan WeisbeckSpokane, WAÂ

--- End Message ---