Re: [IRCA] Wellbrook 330/1530 and 100

> Hi Deano, the Wellbrook 330/1530 loop is 1m in diameter but there is an LF
> version of the wellbrook that uses a large aperture wire (I think about 25m)

Yes - the ALA100, which Nick Hall-Patch, Walter Salmaniw
and I have uses insulated wire as an element and it
is up to the user to determine how much wire to use.

I started out with a 9M open loop, reducing this to
6M and then threaded 7M into a double PVC 3/4" pipe
that is about 1.5 M in diameter.

Directional? Yes, it is.

I fine tuned the size and placement, out of doors,
as the height of the loop is at about 75 feet
and I can see a 10kw medium-wave antenna
field out of my window and about 6km away.
The objective - keeping overload to a minimum.

Colin Newell - Victoria B.C. Canada
Drake R8 - Wellbrook ALA100