Re: [IRCA] [ABDX] AM 1710 pirate?

Hi Mark,

Chicago's W807 on 1710 has gone dark per their Facebook page which explains
why I never hear them anymore from across the big lake.  Our mystery
station had some decent fade-ups last night with music ranging from the
1930s through the 1970s.  Live announcements occur between songs with live
time checks given in EST along with the occasional weather forecast (snow
and sleet with a high of 32).  Bell sounds (which really cut through the
noise) were heard last night at the top of the hour at 0200 & 0300 UTC.  I
even caught a partial phone number that was given out last night with a
non-geographic 500 area code.  Another tentative mention of "Rockingham"
was heard.  There's a Rockingham County in Virginia which seemed to match
up with the weather forecast they gave last night, for what it's worth.  My
gut tells me this isn't from Rockingham, NC.  It's now 0148 UTC and I'm
beginning to hear the same style of music fade in again tonight.

I've also been hearing a Spanish religious station on 1710 that I'm unable
to identify, though I have ruled out a few that I know about that operate
on 1710.

73,
Tim Tromp
West Michigan