[IRCA] Domestic MWDX to Enid OK, November 3-11, 2018

--- Begin Message ---
All times and dates strictly UT [5 hours ahead of `ELT` during EST; when changing times one must also change the dates for events in the 00-05 UT period to the previous date by ELT].

Rx: mostly DX-398 with internal antenna only or PL-880; NRD-545 with ALA-330S inside E-W or inside randomwire N-S; Nissan stock caradio as specified; IC-R75 with E-W longwire.

These logs are excerpts from my daily all-band reports, mainly SWBC, also VHF/UHF, sometimes, utility, ham, which may be found in several archives without much delay, such as

All my MW DX reports starting August 2011 are archived in this forum with open access:Â
http://forums.wtfda.org/showthread.php?6543-MW-DX-from-Enid-OK-by-Glenn-Hauser/page72
[over 317,000 views! as of November 11, 2018]

These logs are [potentially] in four sections, Canada [if any], Oklahoma [if any], rest of USA [if any], unidentified [if any], separated by ======= Within each, they are in frequency order

** CANADA. 530, UT Sat Nov 3 at 0605 UT, song in strange language
mixing with EZL from Cuba, and annoying het from 531, presumably
Algeria. And I presume this is multi-cultural CIAO, Brampton/Toronto.
Generic program sked shows Hindi/Punjabi after local midnite. Link to
full pdf sked turns out to be dated Feb 2016!
https://www.am530.ca/AM-530-Program-Schedule-February2016.pdf
and no more specific, but those languages occupied most of the 24h,
with a few others in local evenings (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING
DIGEST)

CIAO [530, Brampton] can be seen at bottom of this page:
https://www.fybush.com/site-20171124/
(Scott Fybush, irca via DXLD)

==============

** OKLAHOMA. 930, UT Sat Nov 3 at 0242 UT, silly ballgame in English;
on the E-W longwire, I wonder if it`s not WKY, until they mention HS
teams Irish vs Carl Albert, the latter being an Okie. Then DF on the
DX-398 confirms it`s merely WKY OKC, which is supposed to be ESPN-D in
Spanish. But these guys speak English without an accent (other than
Okie)! WKY doesn`t hesitate to run ads in English either, amid Spanish
programming. So don`t be fooled if you hear English on 930.

I remain amused by the coincidental fact that all three call letters
are the least-Spanish in the alfabet. Fortunately they are retaining
the legacy call rather than replacing it. E. K. Gaylord could never
have imagined how his pioneer station would wind up (Glenn Hauser,
Enid, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

================

** U S A. 580, Nov 9 at 1256 UT, with WIBW KS nulled as much as
possible, something else in English with ads, one mentioning Montrose,
i.e. KUBC in SW CO, 5/1 kW U2, 500 watt PSRA. Night pattern goes
slightly east of north with very minor lobe thisaway; day pattern ND.
Official November sunrise is not until 1345 UT! (Dec: 1415) (Glenn
Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 660, Nov 3 at 1253 UT, political ad in English with Navajo
accent, then canned Ace Hardware jingle and ad, from KTNN Window Rock
AZ. Usual suspicions about this 50 kW failing to protect NYC when I
get it over night path; sunrise here 1257; FCC sunrise for KTNN in
Nov, 1345 UT (December: 1415). Also, Arizonans have noticed KTNN
missing sporadically, good for DX (Glenn Hauser, OK, WORLD OF RADIO 1955, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 830, Nov 3 at 1255 UT, looping NW/SE, discussion of oil and
water produxion, soon lapsing into creationism and plug for ICR, and
more overt gospel-huxtering. DF and format make this have to be
nothing but KUYO Evansville (Casper market) WY; no sign of MN, TN or
LA 830s now at Enid sunrise. Trouble is, KUYO is supposed to be a 25
kW daytimer (CH: 9.2 kW) and no PSRA known. FCC shows not supposed to
be on air until 1400 UT (December: 1430). God`ll get`em for that?
Yeah, sure (Glenn Hauser, OK, WORLD OF RADIO 1955, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 1040, Nov 3 at 1259 UT, super-hype voice-actor intones,
``live from studios in Colorado Springs, Colorado ---``, i.e. KCBR CoL
Monument CO, 15 kW hip-hop daytimer. You guessed it, another cheater
before official FCC November sunrise of 1345 (December: 1415). But
even so, CH of only 2 kW for two hours after legal sunrise (Glenn
Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST) O, it`s no longer hip-hop format; did not listen long enough to ascertain (gh) Viz.:

AM Log update:
1040 KCBR CO Monument â Format to CLR/Comedy (ex-HipHop); networks to TDC; Group to Grp=Hits & Giggles 98.5 & 95.7 (ex-Grp= Blazinâ 98.5).
(Wayne Heinen, NRC DX News Nov 12, published Nov 3, via DXLD)

=================

UNIDENTIFIED. 620, Nov 3 at 1249 UT, C&W music loops N/S, certainly
not biztalker KEXB Metroplex, but which begins to show a minute later
just in time to obscure an announcement from the other. Only
possibilities seem to be KMNS Sioux City IA, 1/1 kW U4 not favoring
the south, supposed to be sports; and CKCK [sic] Regina SK, with double format of C&W and sports, 10/10 kW U4.

[Later:] 620, the C&W station in Regina is CKRM, not CKCK ---
altho it used to be CKCK until 2001y. I realised this after seeing
CKRM recently reported from Europe (Glenn Hauser, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

UNIDENTIFIED. 880, Nov 9 at 1304 UT, with KRVN nulled, seems WSW/ENE,
opening Spanish hyper wake-up DJ show. 406 area code mentioned, I
thought, but that`s Montana with an English 880. More likely WIJR
Highland IL near St Louis MO (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

--- End Message ---