[IRCA] Bulgaria 576, Romania 756 last night

--- Begin Message ---
A couple of capture files done yesterday were just checked briefly.
4 p.m. EST / 2100 UTC, 4 NOV has Romania in the clear on 756 with usual "Aici Bucuresti" ID. Just strong enough to get over the S-5 wall of local electrical noise. Minimal domestic / Latin Am. slop. Would have been even better at a beach site, away from power lines.

5 p.m EST / 2200 UTC, 4 NOV has Bulgaria on 576 up to a pretty good peak, well over RNE Spain (the usual dominant here). Slavic talk, pips, very Russian sounding march-like (possible) anthem.
There seems to be a good amount of other stuff on these captures. Strongest at 2100 UTC is Absolute on 1215, even better than the 1521 Saudi. Egypt on 864 also really good at 2100 UTC, a half hour before sunset.

Still looking for 540 Hungary here even as others east and west of me pick it up. Typically 540 is WLIE-NY pre-sunset, then CBT-NL takes over. Under-stuff is usually WFLF-FL, HICM (R. ABC) Dom. Rep., R. Autentica (Colombia), Rebelde Cuba - so quite a high muck level by full darkness.

I've been evaluating the Elad FDM-S2 rather than using the Perseus lately. The receiver seems to be doing a good job though I like the AM SYNC detection mode on the Perseus better. Certainly a good deal at under $600 US. Other than that, not a whole lot of difference between the radios. Unlike my old QTH near 680 WRKO, there are no front-end-challenging blowtorch locals here so it's hard to evaluate "crunchproof-ness".

Best of luck to all of those DXpeditioning in various locales now. I'm enjoying the reports as they float in, along with everyone else's home QTH logs.
Mark Connelly, WA1ION
South Yarmouth, Cape Cod, MA, USA
(GC= 41.6931 N / 70.1912 W) (grid FN41vq)

Receiver: Elad FDM-S2
See http://shop.elad-usa.com/sdr-radio/fdm-s2/

Antenna: Cardioid pattern SuperLoop: 9m vertical by 20m horizontal (peak 84 deg., null 264 deg.)
See http://www.bamlog.com/superloop.htm for similar antenna type.

--- End Message ---