[IRCA] Recent Transcontinental DX in Seattle

In the past couple of weeks, I've been checking the dial for stations in the Eastern time zone. The results have been rather interesting.

About a week ago, I was able to null KFI well enough to hear the Cuban on 640 at 0400. It was pretty weak - I had to use the KiwiSDR in Key West to confirm that the songs matched what I was hearing. This was my first Cuban log on many years, although I must confess to not having checked for them very often.

I've also managed to hear a few US and Canadian logs from EST-land:

WBZ - heard under KTWO at 0507UT on 29 October, with call ID and snippets of the Bradley Jay show (including what might have been his theme song). Another station I haven't heard in recent decades.

KDKA - a traffic and weather report and "Newsradio 10-20 KDKA" ID at 0507 10/25 mixing with KWIQ. Yet another one that hasn't been heard here in ages.

WTAM-1100 Cleveland, dominating at 1000UT 10/25. I was able to adjust the null on the flag to eliminate KFAX.

WCKY-1530 surfaced 0500 11/3 with a nice id & ESPN sports, KFBK was partially eliminated by adjusting the flag's null.

WHAS - dominant for a couple of minutes one evening, despite several west coast stations on 840

WJR - this is a regular here, the easiest EST station in these parts, heard several times

CFZM-740 and CKDO-1580, mixing with the west coast QRM a couple of times

WGY-810? - tentatively heard with KGO nulled. It was a national talk show and matched the stations web feed, but I won't claim it until I hear local content......

A north-facing flag antenna was used to hear all of the above stations,. Nulls on 50kw Californians made it possible to hear several of these stations. I'm still trying to figure out if there are other possibilities for east coast reception here in the Pacific Northwest (aside from CIAO-530 and the expanded band stations).

Bruce