Re: [IRCA] Poipu, Kauai (Hawaii) DXing

Is RTV Hong Kong Radio 5 out of the question?

Mauno

Chris Kadlec kirjoitti 4.11.2018 klo 11:16:
Gary,

783 is likely the straits broadcast. If they are not on the air at that time, we will find who is.

Hebei Life Radio is 150kw on that frequency but it's not them. Here's the TOH ID that aired on 11/3 at 1000 UTC from Qingting and clearly you can see it's not what you have:

http://www.beaglebass.com/temporary/Hebei_Life.mp3

They run the same clear ID with a single time beep at the top of every hour on their networks (which are notorious for echoes).

Either way, I'll get back to you tomorrow with a confirmation for that signal.

And I'm sure there is no jammer on 801, at least not within earshot of Seoul. If there is one, it's lower powered and on the Gangwon-do coast. Even then, it would be likely to be heard in Seoul, if it existed, but nobody can hear anything.

-Chris Kadlec
  http://www.beaglebass.com/dx/seoul

* * *