Re: [IRCA] This morning's TP loggings from Central Iowa

I think it is KBS after all. Please pay attention to the news fanfare after the last time pip and compare it to my simultaneous clip attached.

Mauno

Chris Kadlec kirjoitti 3.11.2018 klo 0:06:
I agree with Nick. This is Tokyo. Here's a link to one of my recordings of what 1134's KBS ID should sound like, same as any other KBS station with a different slogan (at home, 21 miles from the tower, where you can hear Tokyo trying to smother it at night, and a clear groundwave clip during the afternoon).

http://www.beaglebass.com/temporary/1134_Hwaseong_Night.MP3

http://www.beaglebass.com/temporary/1134_Hwaseong_Day.MP3

Also, remember that this station is only on the air from 2045-1805 UTC daily, so both its FM and AM are off the air (transmitter totally off on the AM side) for more than 2 1/2 hours each night, just FYI for everyone whose DX sessions may intersect those hours.

-Chris Kadlec
  http://www.beaglebass.com/dx/seoul

***

Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2018 15:21:05 -0500
From: tim rahto <bowman1@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [IRCA] This morning's TP loggings from Central Iowa

I spent a lot of today reviewing the recordings from this morning, and managed to hear some very faint chimes at the top of the hour on 1134 kHz.
the audio is rough at best, but you can hear them just before the top of the hour, and then again in a different key a little later. I think it
might be KBS, but I could use some advice on this one.

https://youtu.be/6itzpsB8ENg

-Tim