Re: [IRCA] A phasing story. Greenland 720 logged in IL.

Yes, amazing in the shadow of WGN.  My own impossible reception was Sweden
on 1179, with local 50 kw 1180 WHAM's transmitter almost within sight,
okay, maybe 12 miles or so?  Not only is WHAM a pest, but it is the one
station in Rochester that produces images on LW and occasionally MW.  I
think I have found it off the air only once in 40 years.  I got a nice
parallel with the same English program on shortwave.  What made it even
more miraculous was that Sweden was about to sign-off for good.  And I did
get the QSL afterwards.  Jim Renfrew