[IRCA] Part III for exceptional 25 Oct 2018 into Victoria,BC

As promised, here's the next chapter of my amazing morning.  I noticed that
this morning (the 27th) was also very strong, but nonetheless, I have to
finish the 25th, so here goes up to 1116 kHz.  73,  Walt Salmaniw

918 JAPAN YBC Yamagata Hoso YBC (tent), Oct 25 0534 - At 14:28, not at all
sounding Chinese, but rather Japanese tentatively, as was very weak.  Much
improved by 14:31:30 with piano music, now over what  assume was the
Japanese speaker, so perhaps the Shandong RGD now.  Good reception there.
Unlike Colin's problem with 920, no issue at all for me for the mst part.
By 14:35, most definitely Chinese, and again at 14:42. (Salmaniw,Victoria,
BC)

930 ALASKA Ketchikan 1 kW KTKN, Oct 25 1428 - ID at 14:28 into an Adelle
song.  Easily overpowering other cochannels.  Good reception.  Another nice
ID at 14:39 into weather. (Salmaniw,Victoria, BC)

936 CHINA Hefei 200 kW Anhui RGD, Oct 25 1437 - Faded up nicely out of the
blue with vocal music.  Presumed Chinese talk by OM at 14:40.  Fair at
best, so better leave this a tentative. (Salmaniw,Victoria, BC)

945 CHINA Jiaohe, Jilin 400 kW CNR 1, Oct 25 1427 - Strong reception in
Chinese at good level.  Much stronger than //639. A bit of splatter from
950.  Not sure whether there is a cochannel, or some music in the
background.  Fanfare ID at 14:30.  Faded down somewhat at 14:32 revealing
someone else.  Aha!  See my next log!. (Salmaniw,Victoria, BC)

945 JAPAN Muroran 5 kW JOIQ, Oct 25 1433 - This channel is owned by CNR 1,
but for a minute before the positive ID, CNR 1 faded revealing someone
else, who then went into a piano piece.  Yes!   // to 594, so this is a
very 2nd tier NHK1 station of which 4 are listed at 1, 3 and 5 kW.  I chose
the closest and most powerful on Hokkaido as the probable.  I'm pleased!.
(Salmaniw,Victoria, BC)

954 JAPAN Tokyo 100 kW JOKR, Oct 25 1426 - More splatter from 950 making
this one a bit more of a challenge.  Lots of Japanese chatter, and
especially good at 14:36. (Salmaniw,Victoria, BC)

963 CHINA Huaduan 600 kW CRI, Oct 25 1426 - Good to almost very good
reception of CRI's Russian service. // 1323 mostly not as strong.
(Salmaniw,Victoria, BC)

972 SOUTH KOREA Dangjin 750 or 1500 kW HLCA, Oct 25 1436 - Wow, what a barn
burner signal!   S9 + 20 at times and equal to domestic 970 which causes a
minor amount of splatter.  Strongest station on the band upto now.  Pretty
amazing signal!  Korean banter mostly. (Salmaniw,Victoria, BC)

981 CHINA various CNR 1, Oct 25 1443 - Thanks to Colin Newell for getting
me to persevere with this channel.  Sure enough if I use USB and at 14:43,
there is some Chinese talk // to 945 (and 639) cinching the CNR 1 log.  A
real tough catch with 980 CKNW Vancouver so strong!. (Salmaniw,Victoria, BC)

1008 UNID unid, Oct 25 14 - A decent signal, and someone way down in the
mud, but never strong enough modulation to ID anything.   Best around 14:38
and later.  So much promise!. (Salmaniw,Victoria, BC)

1017 SOUTH KOREA Andong 10 kW HLAW, Oct 25 1426 - MBC network listed at
fair to good level.  I thought I weakly heard JOLB underneath, but soon
faded away.  All talk until 14:39 when there was some vocal music.
(Salmaniw,Victoria, BC)

1026 CHINA Guyang 200 kW Guizhou RGD, Oct 25 1431 - A tentative logging
with some Chinese breaking through the major slop.  Ouch.  Never amounted
to anything.  Strongest Chinese station listed is his RGD.  Who knows,
really.  Poor. (Salmaniw,Victoria, BC)

1044 CHINA Changzhou 300 kW CRI, Oct 25 1430 - Japanese programming
breaking through the slop briefly.  Much improved after 14:34, with
Japanese being easily recognizeable.  Almost good level then.
(Salmaniw,Victoria, BC)

1089 CHINA ? CNR 6 or Liaoning RGD, Oct 25 1429 - Breaking through the
splatter, difficult to hear who's there.  Not typical Mandarin, but more
like a South East Asian language.  I could be wrong, though.  Into music at
14:32.  Almost good at 14:34 with EZL female vocal.  More talk at 14:38
sounding more Chinese after all. (Salmaniw,Victoria, BC)

1098 CHINA OR TAIWAN unid, Oct 25 1430 - A definite Chinese speaker here.
There may have been a fanfare at 14:30, but not entirely sure.  Almost fair
at times, then faded down to almost nothing.  Carrier remained strong, but
this might simply be the Marshall Islands.  Decent talk again back at 14:40
or so.  Became quite strong after that, but I stopped recording just before
14:43. (Salmaniw,Victoria, BC)

1116 AUSTRALIA Brisbane 17 or 6.3 kW 4BC, Oct 25 1441 - Very nice reception
at 14:29 with a call in show (the woman sounded 2 sheets to the wind).
Faded down, but came back nicely after 14:37 and again at 14:41.  Not much
other DU activity this morning. (Salmaniw,Victoria, BC)

Well, I guess there's still part IV to come!  Stand by!    Walt Salmaniw,
Victoria, BC