Re: [IRCA] Where's the Korean Jammer When You Need It?

Thanks Chris,

<<< Actually, all jammers on MW, SW, and FM are still on the air as normally in Korea. >>>

Although I'm as interested in peace and reconciliation as the Koreans, those jammers are actually pretty interesting DX in Hawaii, where I heard two of them in December (801 and 855) that had apparently never been received in North America. The 621-VoK Japanese service from Chongjin (with its notorious buzzing transmitter) was also a big surprise at S9 in Kona, snarling with China and Tuvalu. I'll try to go after the weaker Pyongyang BS stations next month, and see how many jammers also show up.

<<< If you have not heard these stations, the reason must be poor conditions or poor luck. They are all there. >>>

Actually the reason is a poor DXing location, which is definitely in the minor league in comparison to Hawaii (which obviously has Asian propagation far superior to any place on our west coast). The Korean propagation into Hawaii reminded me of when I lived in Iwakuni, Japan as a teenager-- feeling like I was right next to the DMZ.

Gary DeBock (in Puyallup, WA, USA)