Re: [IRCA] Morning TP Methodology?

Nick's comments has me replying in addition.  I'm one of the guilty parties
who collect TB of SDR recordings from all over:   mostly Masset, but also
from trans-Pacific cruises, around South America, PEI, and occasionally on
really good mornings here in Victoria.  Using native Perseus software is
not very user friendly in that one cannot choose how much to fast forward,
or rewind, although one can loop a segment and try and dig out a difficult
ID.  Chuck's suggestion about SDR Console prompted me to download the
latest version last night, and I'm impressed with the ease of reviewing
files.  Certainly, it's better for this aspect than native Perseus
software.  Being very much OCD with my recordings, I do tend to listen to
them channel by channel, and many times have noted a fade in lasting for
seconds to less than a minute from fade up, to fade out, so there
definitely is lots of DX to be had if one digs enough.  Also, TOH in my
opinion is often not the best time to snag an ID if only due to adjacent
splatter from stateside stations.  How many times has that happened that
you have a station, say on 891 and the ID is coming, coming, coming, and
then SPLAT, the TOH fanfare from 890 obliterates any chance to hear an ID.
However, if one is patient, another might occur a few minutes later!   Good
discussion, all around.   I'm thinking that my wav files are a "spotlight"
into history now, as they date back over 10 years, and include many
significant dates which are picked up by the various newscasts I recorded.
Walt Salmaniw, Victoria BC
PS:   More on DXing.  When live in Masset, and especially when conditions
are hot, hot, hot, I simply am overwhelmed by the choices presented to me.
Every 9 kHz channel might present at least one TP signal, if not 2 or 3.
Where does one start???  I find that I'll simply record a really long swath
(sometimes over an hour) of spectrum, and then sit back and enjoy LISTENING
to a program that might be particularly interesting, especially NPR
stations from Alaska.  I promise myself that I'll go back and review the
SDR files, but more often than not, the real day begins with my wife, and
off we go to do things on the beach, or in town, so they simply accumulate
until, "another time".   Of course, when I return to Victoria, the job
calls, and no time is left for review, or more likely, the tele gets my
attention, as well as the fatigue of the workday, and nothing more happens
with the SDR files.  Anyone want to start processing mine???  ;-)