[IRCA] November 2-8 Poipu, Kauai (Hawaii) DXpedition

     On the outside chance that another DXer might want to try out his Asian luck at a forward Pacific location this fall, I thought the details of this trip should be posted. My wife and I plan to stay in a beach motel at Poipu Kai, which is the extreme southernmost point of Kauai island (the westernmost of the main Hawaiian islands). The ocean beach point should provide an unobstructed salt water path to Asia, ANZ, North and South America-- although the RF zoo of Oahu will also have an unobstructed path. It remains to be seen how much of a detriment this will be.

     The same "Frequent Flyer" FSL and DXing gear that was used in the Cook Islands this April should be taken on this trip, and this location is on exactly the same longitude as Aitutaki in the Cooks. Although the "Frequent Flyer" FSL and modified CC Skywave are both small enough to easily fit inside hand carry luggage, they tend to act like the ultimate TP-DXing overachievers when surrounded by salt water. India, Bangladesh, Cambodia, Mongolia and Brazil were all received on MW in the Cooks, and I would be happy to supply identical gear to anyone else who wishes to try their luck on Kauai. Thanks also to Craig Barnes for his pioneering DXpedition to Princeville, Kauai in April of 2017, during which multiple Chinese stations were at an S9 level-- even when recorded on an open air i-Phone video :-)

Gary DeBock (in Puyallup, WA, USA)