Re: [IRCA] RFI on the BCB

Around here we have few garage doors. A lot car ports, so I don't think my noise come from that, but there are so many other things in today's world.

Patrick Martin Seaside OR KGED QSL Manager

________________________________
From: IRCA <irca-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> on behalf of Stephen Hawkins <ng0g@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, September 14, 2018 9:57 AM
To: irca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [IRCA] RFI on the BCB

Patrick et al,

I have found the worst RFI generator I have heard in quite a while.   We
had a nice garage built and the contractor installed two brand new
Chamberlain garage door openers.  The RFI comes from a cheap, dirty
switching supply that uses the leads going to the sensors at the bottom
of the doors and to the switch by the people door as antenna.  It ruins
the BCB and 160M.   I tried to post a photo of the screen on my
Flexradio showing the interference but it doesn't get through.  It is
bad despite replacing all the wires with cat5 and winding an extra 9
feet of twisted pair striped out of the cat 5 through a Mixture 31
toroid.  I have to power them off at night.

I'll email photos to anyone who wants.

Steve NG0G

--
Stephen Hawkins NG0G
ng0g@xxxxxxxx

montreal.kotalampi.com
This group is for those interested in AM (Broadcast Band) DXing, sponsored by the International Radio Club of America (IRCA) To see the collection of prior postings to the list, visit the IRCA Archives.(The current archive is only available to the list members.Using IRCA