Re: [IRCA] CONVENTION INTENTION

Ironically, I have discovered that my front yard (street facing) is
significantly quieter than my back yard -- that said, my NW Flag literally
butts up against the NE corner of the house.... so.
(We have no above ground utilities on our street which is something of a
blessing obviously!)

Wellbrook antennas strung up in street side 70' spruce trees as doing way
better -- currently figuring out how to get a NW flag into the front yard
with the "business" end
most isolated from surrounding "buzz-warts..."

It seems that we all spend as much energy fighting noise sources as we do
listening -
Thankfully the worst offender in the neighbourhood is a solar array that
puts out crap every few hundred khz from 14 Mhz through into VHF.
I have had e-mail back and forth with the "engineer" that builds and
deploys these DC to AC conversion systems and insists that there are no "RF
components..."
in his system..... uhm... anything that converts DC to AC or vice versa
utilizes a potential "RF" component or side effect if not well designed.

--
Colin Newell - Editor and creator *of *Coffeecrew.com
<http://www.Coffeecrew.com> and DXer.ca <http://www.DXer.ca> -