Re: [IRCA] 558-Fiji and 1017-Tonga Rock Rockwork

Hi Gary,

Thanks for sharing these superb recordings. We are really blessed to live
within driving distance of such a unique DXing spot as the Rockwork cliffs!

I found your August 8th, 1304 UTC recordings of 1017 kHz to be very
insightful. The hot rodded D-808 is highly competitive; but on close
inspection of the stand-alone D-808's recording versus the 17-inc FSL
boosted one, you can clearly hear the benefits of the extra "oomph". For
instance, the 2KY Australian is much clearer and crisper to my
ears--despite being in the background--with the FSL's help. Review the
~00:15-00:18 seconds segment on both MP3s and it's especially noticeable.

73,

Guy Atkins
Puyallup, WA