[IRCA] Grayland, WA & Florence, OR DXpedition - August 5 - 12

I visited 2 rentals in Grayland, Washington and near Florence, Oregon between
August 5 - 12.  At both I erected a 160' DKAZ pointing roughly 255 deg. with
Vactrol termination.

You can see and hear what I heard on this webpage:

http://realmonitor.com/am_logs_grayland18.php

I'm still working through Perseus wav files so the page will change over the
next few weeks.

Highlight was hearing Gold FM from Fiji on 990 kHz.  Low point was having a deer
or elk run thru the antenna on the last day of the DXpedition ruining reception.
Note to self:  always check antenna prior to sunrise.

Reception conditions throughout were much more Asian than I'm used to from
previous summer trips to the same locations over the past several years.  May be an
indication that we're at or near the minimum of the current cycle?

For those interested, I'm trying a new strategy for working through wav files -
going through 200 kHz at a time for each day of the 1300utc TOH file.  That's
roughly sunrise on the west coast this time of year and based on past experience
is the best time to hear 'good stuff' and catch IDs.  When I find something
interesting I'll have to delve into wav files before or after 1300 but this
first-pass will guide where to look/listen next.

Bill Whitacre
Alexandria, VA