[IRCA] Mostly Mexican MW DX to Enid OK, August 12-17, 2018

--- Begin Message ---
These logs are excerpts from my daily all-band reports, mainly SWBC, also VHF/UHF, sometimesÂutility, ham, which may be found in several archives without much delay, such as

All my MW DX reports starting August 2011 are archived in this forum with open access:
http://forums.wtfda.org/showthread.php?6543-MW-DX-from-Enid-OK-by-Glenn-Hauser/page70
[over 308,000 views! as of August 17, 2018]

All times and dates strictly UT. Rx: mostly DX-398 with internal antenna only or PL-880; NRD-545 with ALA-330S inside E-W or inside randomwire N-S; Nissan stock caradio as specified; ICR-75Â E-W longwire.

** MEXICO. Re my previous log of XETNT 650, Raymie Humbert, AZ, replied Aug 11 on the WTFDA Forum: ``That'd be the first news I'd have that XHTNT made its A90 clear. You couldn't tell from their Facebook. Listening, though, they still are using 106.5 FM jingles; so they must still be promoting the move [to 100.5] but haven't done it yet`` (Glenn Hauser, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. 710, Aug 15 at 1143, full ID for La Ranchera de CuauhtÃmoc, 1144 TC as 5:43, in newscast. That`s XEDP in Chihuahua, not using its off-frequency transmitter today.

I`d rather be asleep but since I`m not, a quick scan of the lower band  finds Spanish presumed usual Mexicans on all these frequencies: 540, 550, 560, 610, 650, 660, 700, 710, 720, 730, 740-, 750, 760, 780, 790-, 800 --â widely varying strengths and most are about to fade out.

740- is surely XEQH TorreÃn, previously IDed as the off-frequency one tearing up KRMG, R. FÃrmula. 790- is surely XENT, La Paz BCS, with LAH vs US stations, as heard in April, another R. FÃrmula --- coincidental lax engineering standards at this network? Soon losing out to Rogers AR 790.0. I get 780 briefly by tightly nulling nearby KSPI, clues in news that it is XESFT in Tamaulipas.

870, expect daytimer XETAR in Chihuahua to come on at 1200, but no sign of it by 1202; just too late for SRS, or has it evacuated for FM only? That would be quite a shame. Our sunrise today: 1149 UT (Glenn Hauser, Enid OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

--- End Message ---