[IRCA] Oregon Cliff (Rockwork 3) Ultralight DU's for 8-6

     The "sleeping squatters" jammed up most of the prime DXing real estate once again this morning, but Craig and I were able to squeeze onto Rockwork 3, which featured only a truck with an Alberta license plate. Judging from our experiences with Nick we figured that Canadians should be relatively well mannered, so we took a chance and set up about 20 feet (6 meters) from him. Tom squeezed onto Rockwork 4, however, while Nick was setting up propagation comparison equipment down at the ocean beach (gulp) and at Rockwork 4.

     Although yesterday's rare Kiwi stations stayed down in the noise there were some exceptional DU signals from both NZ and Oz, with 585-7RN getting a freakish boost to pound in at S9 around 1306. This was far and away its most impressive signal ever here. The Kiwi big guns on 531 (PI), 603 and 657 were also at huge levels in and out, while 531-4KZ made its first appearance of the trip at a more modest level. 558-Fiji was in at a good level (for the sixth day in a row) at 1303, while 1017-Tonga continued to play the part of a DU big gun with potent signals in and out.

     Overall the session had quite a bit less drama than yesterday's rare Kiwi bonanza, but still very enjoyable for live DXers like Craig and me (who had an ocean cliff DXing blast, as usual). A session photo with the four FSL's (including Craig's 3.5" baby model, which has been astonishingly competitive) is posted at https://dreamcrafts.box.com/s/qz9uxroq8ac2vu6zez087yvctl5a6pao

585  7RN   Hobart, Tasmania, Australia   Female speech at S9 level // 576 at 1306; its strongest performance ever at the cliff  https://dreamcrafts.box.com/s/santvgc0qi9txyz0pbzn93d9h72jczmo

73 and Good DX,

Gary DeBock (DXing with Craig Barnes at the Rockwork 3 ocean cliff turnout on Highway 101, near Manzanita, OR)

7.5" loopstick CC Skywave SSB & XHDATA D-808 portables + 15", 15" and 17" DXpedition FSL's