Re: [IRCA] RFC - NCC-1 or NCC-2

Hi Colin. I missed this post somehow but, since seeing it, thought I should respond. I own both the NCC-1 and NCC-2. I actually thought I sold the NCC-1 last year on eBay but obviously did not as I just found it boxed up in my radio room closet.

I have way more experience with the NCC-1, mainly phasing dual DXE active whips. I bought the NCC-2 from a ham who couldnât figure out how to use it, but unfortunately since I put it online after a few months of being boxed, I donât have any output out of antenna 2 so it is going to DXE for repair. Long story short, no experience with the NCC-2 besides a few days of testing when it first arrived. The NCC-1 worked great on two DXE active whips spaced 100â apart.

I have been so enamored with the Shared Apex Loop that regular phasers have been a bit on the back-burner and why I am now very interested in your new model. In speaking with the SAL guru Mark Bauman about dimensions on a SAL-35, he mentioned phasing two SALâs could be very interesting and since I happen to have two SAL units I am planning on experimenting with that. I have the post holes dug, the 35â masts aluminum masts built and etc ready to go but donât see me getting those up until it cools off some here in TN.

73,
Brandon