[IRCA] Domestic MWDX to Enid OK, April 22-27, 2018

--- Begin Message ---
All times and dates strictly UT [4 hours ahead of `ELT` during EDT; when changing times one must also change the dates for events in the 00-04 UT period to the previous date by ELT].

Rx: mostly DX-398 with internal antenna only or PL-880; NRD-545 with ALA-330S inside E-W or inside randomwire N-S; Nissan stock caradio as specified; IC-R75 with E-W longwire.

These logs are excerpts from my daily all-band reports, mainly SWBC, also VHF/UHF, sometimes, utility, ham, which may be found in several archives without much delay, such as

All my MW DX reports starting August 2011 are archived in this forum with open access:
http://forums.wtfda.org/showthread.php?6543-MW-DX-from-Enid-OK-by-Glenn-Hauser/page69
[over 295,000 views! as of April 27, 2018]

These logs are in four sections, Canada [if any], Oklahoma [if any], rest of USA [if any], unidentified [if any], separated by ======= Within each, they are in frequency order

** OKLAHOMA. 530, April 22 at 1915 UT check, ``K530AM``, Vance AFB remains open carrier as for last several days; how long till anyone-in-charge notice?

530, April 24 at 2135 UT check, `K530AM` Vance AFB is still open carrier/dead air.

530, April 26 at 1945 UT check, K530AM Vance AFB still on with dead air; what a waste of 10? Watts (Glenn Hauser, Enid, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

==========

** U S A. 750, April 25 at 1206 UT, self-promotion for jobs at Alpha Media; see alphamedia.com or contact a P O Box in Lebanon MO, into talk show. It`s KBNN Lebanon MO, 5 kW daytimer/500 watt PSRA. Need to aim E/W by nulling KMMJ Nebraska N/S. However, the website says Alpha Media is in Farmingdale NY, software developers. Not spelt; could it be Alfa Media? No, that is even further away, in Germany! (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGESET)

** U S A. 990, April 25 at 1158 UT, open carrier atop CCI, so I keep listening expecting a formal daytimer sign-on; dream on. Is making a SAH of 138/minute = 2.3 Hz. By 1159 UT, English ad for Missouri Soybean Growers, mosoy.org, and CBS News bong. Only MO on 990 is: KRMO Cassville, Farm+ format, 2500/47 watts U1, but not CBS per NRC AM Log; more likely that is from KWAM Memphis TN.

990, By 1201 UT April 25, Spanish as `La Voz del Evangelio`, but may be program name rather than station. Anyhow, I am quite sure the SS is the usual KFCD Farmersville TX (Metroplex) 7000/920 U4, not a daytimer, so whence the OC just before? (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 1000, April 25 at 1214 UT, just as I null KTOK OKC, slow SAH of less than 1 Hz, immediate ID in passing as ``KKIM AM 1000``, which is Albuquerque NM, 10000/53 watts U1 and also PSRA of 12.2 watts. Yeah, right, another cheater on day power already, ahead of official April FCC sunrise of 1230 UT. But what would you expect from a licensee called Wild West Radio Corporation, yet religionous? In May, LSR will be 1200 UT, so they`ll have to cheat earlier than that. At 1215 UT, Chicago mentioned, could be KKIM gospel program source rather than WMVP (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 1060, April 25 at 0545 UT, praise songs in Spanish, S9+10, deep fadeout and backup, with fast SAH, signature of KIJN Farwell TX, perpetually cheating 10 kW ``daytimer`` (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 1090, April 25 at 1217 UT, sounds like Mother Angelica, true to her nunnish calling, advocating whacking children; this and more bad advice are greeted by roars of laughter from her audience (nulliparous females?). No WEWN in English mornings on SW anymore to compare, but by 1230 UT, EWTN mentioned in a call-in (long ago?). Loops NE/SW, i.e. KEXS Excelsior Springs (KC market) MO. By nulling, soon one may choose Protestants from KAAY Little Rock AR, rather than KMXA Aurora CO which is now secular Spanish (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 1130, April 20 at 1427 UT, KLEY Wellington KS in usual SNAFU, mixture of rapid regular noise pulses, and carrier modulation cutting on and off the air at slower very irregular pace. Here`s a sample of how it sounds when tuned to 1129-USB [corrected]:
http://www.w4uvh.net/KLEY1130SNAFU1.mp3
Later in day I wanted to record it on caradio without BFO and with stronger signal, but it was completely off. No doubt there will be more opportunities.

1130, April 24 at 2135 UT check, KLEY Wellington KS is not SNAFU at the moment, back in whack.

1130, April 27 at 1945 UT check, KLEY Wellington KS has reverted to SNAFU mode of carrier and modulation cutting on and off irregularly, mixed with steady faster noise bursts (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 1140, April 25 at 1203 UT, immediate ID at tune-in, KXRB and Sioux Falls SD news items. Not hard to overcome KRMP OKC. To me, 1140 will always be KSOO, like in the NRC AM Log 2017-2018 as the call swap with 1000 kHz came post-publication. But I hear two or three other stations on 1000. Whatever, still 10/5 kW U2 on 1140, no doubt (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

UNIDENTIFIED. 1340, April 27 at 0102 UT, classic country music is dominating for a minute or two until silly baseball game takes over. Most of the 1340s around here are sports, including closest KGHM Midwest City = OKC, but I check them all in adjacent states to find three possibilities with C&W per the NRC AM Log: KAND Corsicana TX, KSMO Salem MO, KGKG Salida CO. FWIW, on the east-west antenna; a bit early for CO (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

--- End Message ---