[IRCA] further on Taiwan Fisheries foreign languages

While I'm sure this isn't the last word on the subject, I've heard at least two instances of non-Chinese speech on the Taiwan Fisheries station on 1143kHz in the last week or so.

This morning, I brought up their webstream, and caught a mention of Radio Taiwan International and Indonesia, along with a broadcast in presumably Indonesian.

Perhaps news broadcasts for foreign fishermen?

At any rate, odd languages heard on 1143 / 738 may not be as exotic as you think, though for me, Taiwan is exotic enough for the time being.

best wishes,

Nick

Nick Hall-Patch
Victoria, BC