From: irca-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:irca-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of David Gleason
Sent: Wednesday, November 23, 2005 8:43 PM
To: 'Mailing list for the International Radio Club of America'
Subject: Re: [IRCA] IBOC/analog reception comparisons.

This is my last message on this reflector, as I have unsubscribed and also asked my IRCA membership to be terminated. DXing is not the radio friendly hobby it once was, living a symbiotic and friendly relationship. Members of both clubs are antagonistic to radio, and qualify as grouchy old men in most cases. No wonder stations don’t verify any more!

In my discussions with Mr. Mangled English, I have been asked by Lynn to “simmer down” when I was the one called a liar, cheat, thief of a billion radios, ad nauseum. Obviously, someone who is in radio who actually knows what is going on in the industry has no place in this club or on this group.

W:  I run a multi million dollar research department, and our job is to find out what listeners want. When we see research done by others (as in the iPod issue) we independently verify it, using the highest standards of polling with a national staff of over 60 people who only do radio research. Or job is to protect $3.5 billion in radio properties and we do that by giving the listeners what they want, and we do it well because our sector listens an average of 24 hours a week, 25% more than the general market. We are not out to prove an untruth, as that would totally violate or reason for existence. But there are a few people in here with absurdly and bizarrely wrong ideas about radio and radio listeners who have no interest in learning truth, and insult the character and values of any who disagree.

You all deserve each other.