Re: [IRCA] TWR Bonaire Inaugurates 450 kW Transmitter

I just returned from a Caribbean cruise, where I made a point of checking 800 during local evenings.

PJB was local quality near the southeast corner of Cuba at 0210 1/29, giving contact info and RTM/Transmundial IDs. The carrier dropped for 1-2 seconds a few times as though they were having technical issues.

Further south, the signal was not nearly as strong near the coasts of Colombia, Panama and Costa Rica. Near Panama, 800 had a battle between 3 stations at least once when I checked.

PJB was local quality again near Grand Cayman and the SW corner of Cuba on 2/3 and 2/4 respectively (with traces of another station in the background). No carrier drops, so the earlier problem had apparently been fixed. It sure sounded like 450 kw with a directional pattern, being near their primary target.

Bruce, now back in Seattle