[IRCA] IRCA CARIBBEAN REPORT, Part 2

890 - UNID 12/2 10am EST between the Cay and PR. Seemed to give calls, HIâ (I missed the last two letters). Would appear to have been R. 8-90, La Consentida, Mao, DR
900 - CBC St. Michael, Barbados poor level 12/3 9am from St. Thomas. Signal level increased as we headed south but didnât hold up that well as we headed west from Grenada. A per ads, CBC has a monopoly in the communications business. Reggae Christmas carols were fun!
920 - SS local-like in Grenada. Presumed YVOX Porlamar. 12/5 9am.
940 - WINZ Miami - best FL signal at Princess Cay. No Cuban under/over it. Interesting because WINZ has an STA for 25kw night because of Cuban interference.
1000 - Cuban bubble wobbler. Only here one night (11/30, 4 hours out of Ft. Lauderdale). It was also noted here last year.
1030 - Port-au-Prince, R. Ginen. Taped 12/2 10am (heading to PR) but no ID heard.
1060 - WIXC Titusville is back on relaying WWBA-820 and yes, they do give an ID a minute or two before the WWBA ID. Heard in Orlando, St. Thomas 9am 12/3, Martinique (very weak 12/4 11a) and also off of north central Cuba 11am 12/9.
1090 - Deportes, Caracas, one of the earlier YVs to boom in as we approached Grenada. Apparently YVSZ Caracas.
1130 - My hearing must be grim because just as I did while in Boston in Sept., I heard this as âRadio Cinco" 12/3 10:15pm from south of PR.
1150 - âCMX R. Guaymasâ is what I heard 11/30 9pm 4 hrs. out of Ft. Laudedale but that doesnât hold up in deference to WRTHâs R. Bayamo, Entronque Bueycito.
1160 - Caribbean Radio Lighthouse, St. Johnâs, Antigua & Barbuda fairly good in Grenada but not memorable from anywhere else.
1200 - It sounded like R. Pinto to me but more than likely was R. Tiempo, Caracas, 12/6, 9a, 40 miles E of Bonaire.
1240 - Radio Maria, Santo Domingo, DR. No âde la alta graciaâ ever heard. Good level between PR & St. Thomas, 10pm EST 12/2 and 12/3 9am AST in St. Thomas. It was heard quite a ways as we headed south. It was also surprisingly strong as we left Grenada for Bonaire. The web site says (essentially) variety programming but all I ever heard was religious chanting and hymns.
1260 - WISO Ponce relaying WAPA 12/8 9am between Haiti/Cuba
1260 - SS w/Christmas music around 9a 12/6 nearing Bonaire. Presumably Caracas.

Pete Taylor
Tacoma, WA
12225w 4719n
HQ180 & ICF2010