Re: [IRCA] Hawaii Adventure part two

Years ago, I spent a lot of time on Maui.  I recall one memorable visit in
the winter in Kaanapali.  I purchased a Superradio 3 at the local KMart,
and proceeded to have a blast DXing from the lanai from sunset for many
hours.  Recall receiving Alaska quite well, and all the way down the coast.
Noise wasnât an issue then.  In my SW days, I would take my receiver to
local parks with random wire and have a blast on the Tropical bands.  The
other pleasant memory was hearing every single Hawaiian at good level while
driving to the summit of Haleakala for sunrise.  Those were the days!  Walt