[IRCA] Domestic MWDX to Enid OK, December 23, 2017-January 5, 2018

--- Begin Message ---
All times and dates strictly UT [5 hours ahead of `ELT` during EST; when changing times one must also change the dates for events in the 00-05 UT period to the previous date by ELT].

Rx: mostly DX-398 with internal antenna only or PL-880; NRD-545 with ALA-330S inside E-W or inside randomwire N-S; Nissan stock caradio as specified; IC-R75 with E-W longwire. FRG-7 is no longer in use.

These logs are excerpts from my daily all-band reports, mainly SWBC, also VHF/UHF, sometimes, utility, ham, which may be found in several archives without much delay, such as

All my MW DX reports starting August 2011 are archived in this forum with open access:
http://forums.wtfda.org/showthread.php?6543-MW-DX-from-Enid-OK-by-Glenn-Hauser/page65
[over 274,000 views! as of January 5, 2018]

These logs are in four sections, Canada [if any], Oklahoma [if any], rest of USA [if any], unidentified [if any], separated by ======= Within each, they are in frequency order

** CANADA. 990, Jan 5 at 1346 UT, CBW with traffic report about the PÃmbina highway, ``on 89-3``. So CBC dismisses its 50 kW AM station as not worth mentioning (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

============

** OKLAHOMA. 1000, Jan 2 at 0700 UT as I tune past KTOK OKC, ToH ID says they are also on KXXY 96.1 HD2. Not shown in the NRC AM Log; in fact, seems it does not get into such details as FM subchannel duplicates of AM stations, just main channels, translators or not (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

============

** U S A. 1067 & 1093, Jan 5 at 1344 UT check, no IBOC noise detectable from 1080 KRLD Dallas TX. Mark Sills, Dallas, told me Dec 28, ``Starting around December 5, I noticed 1080 KRLD has dropped iboc. I hope they keep the damn thing off. It makes so much noise it makes DXing impossible. You'd be surprised what I was able to pick up with that noise gaughan``.

1157 & 1183, Jan 5 at 1351 UT check, our worst IBOC noise around here is still from 1170 KFAQ Tulsa (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 1110, Jan 5 at 1346 UT, under KFAB am hearing high-pitched singing in South Asian style, surely KVTT, updating/contradicting this: ``1110 KVTT TX Mineral Wells â Reported silent`` (Bill Hale, TX, update to NRC AM Log, AM Switch, NRC DX News Jan 8, published Dec 31)

It`s a 50 kW daytimer, or 39 kW critical hours, with Asian format; really stood out around SR/SS vs KFAB (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 1200, Jan 5 at 1353 UT, not much signal from WOAI, but Spanish phone interview about Mexican politix, from external POV, mentioning ``su paÃs``, and ``Buenos DÃas, AmÃrica``. Could it originate from VOA, which used to call its morning Spanish show that, long gone from SW? Does it still exist by satellite-webcast-affiliates? By 1400 UT, Chicago mentions and ``deportes radio`` so must be WRTO which is with UnivisiÃn Deportes, but not 100% sports (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

UNIDENTIFIED. 1300, Fri Dec 29 at 1412 UT, old-fashioned gospel huxter wrapping it up with a prayer, and program ID as `Word of Prophecy`, address Jaxonvil FL, which means it is this:
http://www.wordofprophecy.org/
the website with everything but a station/schedule list! Fades out in time for an ID if any before another program at 1415 UT.

Definitely loops east/west. Daytime 1300 inhabitant here is KAKC Tulsa, but it`s sports. What else could this be? Format, language do not fit for the TX or AR, or even CO 1300 stations in the NRC AM Log.

Why not 50 kW WNQM Nashville TN? Unlike its SW WWCR, WNQM does not provide a program schedule, but a list of programs, not including Word of Prophecy:
http://www.1300wnqm.com/pgm-links_wnqm.html
but I still think it`s most likely the source of this (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

--- End Message ---